Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oh, wow.

It's mid-late May.  Thus begins the "one year ago today" posts, because this was a giant week for my family last year.  Happy anniversary of the younger one's heart surgery! I'll be thinking of nothing other than how darn stinkin' lucky we are, all week.


So I was going through old pictures, cleaning up, and I found this one of a year ago TODAY, May 22, 2011.
And this is how that week started out: Ellie's first taste of rice cereal. (Via spoon. She'd had it in the bottle for months, reflux kid that she was.)


This was right before her congestive heart failure business suddenly got worser than worse, and we called and were listened to beautifully by her cardiologist and pediatrician.  
Even here, this baby is too pale, too weak and inactive. 
To me, anyway. I like my kids rosy.
If I look at the video as I used to analyze her, studying her breathing motions, I can see that even here she's panting. NOW, I see it, anyway.
Hindsight is 20/20, yadda yadda.  Wow.

This is her on Easter, 2011.


Yeah. I know I'm the mom, but am I the only one having a "Wow" moment? 
*Thank you, thank you, thank you God, & multiple doctors and nurses, 
for this gorgeous pink, comfortable baby.*

Ok, there, I'm done.  At least till later this week when I get all nostalgic about this all over again. 

Of course we video'ed her first spoon feeding, since no grandparents were around.  Disclaimer: not for those easily disgusted by mush.




1 comment:

Mary Barnett said...

Wow is right. Congratulations to all of you (especially Ellie) for pulling through and producing such a beautiful young lady.

Related Posts with Thumbnails