Thursday, October 22, 2009

This Week's Sarcasm, I Mean, Ticker: Vol. 2 No. 23


Eeeeeewwww.

Foods I used to like but am SO OVER now:
English Muffins
Ground turkey


Foods I used to not care one way or the other about, but now crave incessantly:
Pumpkin-flavored anything
Orange juice
A1 sauce - particularly on chicken nuggets
Wine
Cheeseburgers (Five Guys only)
Halloween double-stuff Oreos

Obviously there are some things on this list I don't indulge in, period. Others I enjoy in small increments, like my delicious decaf pumpkin latte with 2 Splenda this morning. Mmm, artificial pumpkin flavoring... Others are on the list for my hospital stay (where will we find Halloween Oreos in February? Valentine's Oreos will be an acceptable substitute. As long as the cream is an unnatural color, I'm cool. )

Today I have a growth scan at the ATU. Yes, thus begins the growth scans. At least every 4 weeks, every 2 and then every 1 towards the end of pregnancy, this is routine. The entire second half of pregnancy we diabetic wonders get to see our kiddies more and more often. Although the scheduling is a little hairy (the last appointment of the day is always at 3:30. I work till 3:20!), this is still the prize at the bottom of my low-sugar cereal box. Lay down, don't move, don't have to get up for anything or anyone, get to see my little girl for 1/2 an hour. Good stuff. A growth scan is a medium-length ultrasound where they measure every limb, the baby's head and belly, and some other important stuff. Then they tell you "the baby's measureing X weeks and X days and is X pounds right now". And hopefully they then give you cute ultrasound pictures to take home that you can explain to your friends and family, since most of them will assume they're looking at a Rorschach test.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails