Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Carol Challenge



Teachers at my school did the whole list of 35 of these in 2 hours (with time interrupted for, well, teaching!) About 10 people called me for help on these and I'm apparently a pretty decent reference for obscure Christmas songs...and it was really fun. Best of all, people were singing all over through the halls, and the kids got in on it too. Some people used it as a mini language arts lesson.

I'll pick 10 of them and we'll see if you can figure 'em out. Just for fun, OR post your answers to "comments". Whoever gets the most wins a yet-to-be-determined prize. (At school it was a free prep period!) No peeking at the comment section though!

Identify the title of the song by the initials of the first line:
(For example: OCAYF = O Come All Ye Faithful)

  1. OLTOBHSWSTL
  2. IHTBOCD
  3. WUNWTAGC
  4. GRYMGLNYD
  5. ISMKSCUTMLN
  6. TFNTADS
  7. FTSWAJHS
  8. OHNTSBS
  9. JOSNLYETW
  10. HHBSSBASSTCA
Here's a hint: One of these has a fabulous cover on the quintessential Christmas album, "John Denver and the Muppets; A Christmas Together"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The three of us worked for an hour to get #3(Little St. Nick, and we had to look at the album to think of all the songs!), and #10 (Carol Of The Carols, which I had to go online, and read lists of carols, stopping to read lyrics when I wasn't familiar with a song!). I got #s 1,2,4,5,7,and 8 on my own, and Nick got #6, and Dad #9.

Anonymous said...

I had #s 1-9 and could not figure out #10, but now I see what it is...never would have figured out that one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails